To optimise the building process we have developed a set of rules and tools for efficient construction management, which provides benefits to all parties involved. We call it TrimBuild.
The aim of TrimBuild is to create the most efficient building process
Building is a major logistics task, and so we focus on trimming the changeable and complicated processes of construction by operating rolling planning. We register deviations when they occur and instantly launch the necessary initiatives and follow them up. In this way we ensure that the production maintains an even flow.
Building methods, people and communication
To create an overview of the entire production process, we put people and communication at the centre. A building project involves many people who need to communicate about everything from resources and activities to logistics on the construction site and the weather, to ensure that everyone has the necessary information in order to fulfil the client's expectations.
Specific solutions, tools and principles
We have developed specific solutions, tools and principles which support the communication between partners in the building process, to ensure an efficient building process through the right organisation, timely planning, shared coordination, continuous follow-up and final evaluation.
The TrimBuild concept
TrimBuild is a process management concept that gives less waste, greater efficiency and increased value. Through five steps, we seek to create the most efficient building process for all parties involved.
- Organisation requires collaboration: We define the distribution of roles on the construction site early in the process and ensure a clear division of responsibility and tasks between the key players. We also introduce central process management.
- Planning focused on preconditions: We focus on preconditions and prepare activities thoroughly when the building case starts. On the construction site, we subsequently operate with a short planning horizon to increase predictability and ensure sound activities.
- Coordination ensures the best possible working conditions: Process management supports collaboration across all construction site players and ensures a continuous cross-disciplinary coordination of activities. In this way we create an even workflow on the construction site and ensure the optimal result for the project.
- Follow-up so we do not repeat errors: We continuously register whether the building process follows the plans, so we can optimise the process. If we identify that something is going wrong, we find the cause, evaluate it and ensure that it does not happen again.
- Evaluation focused on knowledge sharing: Between projects we evaluate the collaboration, building process and the experience gained from individual projects. We ensure that good experience is incorporated in our management system, so we do not repeat the same errors in the next project.